General HubSpot Ideas

Share and vote on your ideas for the HubSpot product!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate Detection Perfected

Improve Hubspots CRM duplicate detection by allowing the user to set the criteria for what is considered a duplicate.

Currently Hubspot CRM will detect duplicates ONLY based on a email address.

Everybody has multiple email addresses - EVERBODY.

Allow the user to add other criteria for duplicate detection like LinkedIn profile URL. You can only have one LinkedIn profile URL, so this would make duplicate detection nearly perfect.

[Nay Sayers]: What if someone doesn't have a LinkedIn URL!?!?!

That is why the feature request is for the user to specify whatever criteria they want for duplicate detection, for me it…

796 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. I think there’s two ideas here. One is being able to have contacts with multiple email addresses. The other is being able to set personalized de-duplication criteria.

Both are on our radar, and this is a great idea for an approach.

• Rebrandly

It would be helpful if Hubspot integrated with Rebrandly so we are able to use a custom shortened domain. As of now, Hubspot only integrates with Bitly for this feature, but the enterprise version of Bitly is outrageously priced at $500/month. Rebrandly for professional use is more reasonably priced at $99/month. There are many other shortened domain services that are far more affordable than what Bitly would like to charge.

480 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Integrations & APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • When will Hubspot + Grammarly work again?

In support of the following ticket:
        https://app.hubspot.com/support/1928047/ticket/441982?source=email

Before the release of the new version of Hubspot, Grammarly was working beautifully, and it really added a lot of value to writing emails, or just simply notes. Currently, Grammarly work's just about everywhere within Hubspot except the most important area, the Contact detail page. In the previous version of Hubspot, I was able to use Grammarly within emails, notes, phone call notes, etc, but now with the beautiful new version of Hubspot we have lost this key integration. Could you advise what are the possibilities or a process where Grammarly could investigate…

80 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • CRM - search by custom properties

The CRM search only returns results based on name, email, and phone number.

We need the ability to search (not filter) based on custom properties.

Use case: I am speaking with someone on LinkedIn and need to find them within the CRM. Her name and email do not give the correct results.

If I could search her by LinkedIn URL (custom property) I would always get the correct results because people have many email addresses but only one LinkedIn URL.

424 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            17 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback. Right now, search is limited to only a few properties like email address, name, domain, etc. The reason is to keep search fast and scalable.

We’ve discussed adding a feature to allow users to specify the property they want to search for. For example, we could potentially allow you type the following into your search box: Favorite Ice Cream: Vanilla.

• Group mentions

I want to be able to make groups of members and assign a tag for each group.

ie: John, Tim and Mark are part of the sales team, and I want them to be aware of a deal, so on the deal I add a comment like:

"@sales FYI" and all three of them will receive that notification.

49 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Showing If A Blog Has Been Promoted/Social Shared On Your Accounts

Hi

Once a blog has been posted, it would useful for the info screen to show if and how much it has been posted to your social accounts.

Not how many shares the post has got (which is suggested elsewhere and useful), but whether you have promoted it to on your own accounts.

54 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Deals - Search by 'Associated Company'

It would be helpful to be able to sort and filter in the Deals table view by 'Associated Company.' It seems odd that this is not a feature. Often times we have several deals associated with the same company. It would be very helpful to be able to alphabetize the associated company column in the view to be able to see which companies have multiple deals associated.

39 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  8 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Assign Group as HubSpot Owner

Currently, the contact property HubSpot Owner can only be assigned for individuals. This works for very small sales teams, but breaks down when larger teams need to assign contacts to regional teams comprised of multiple sales users.

Group assignment would allow multiple Sales Users to access their group/regions leads, while still allowing for privacy controls preventing non-users/non-assigned groups from accessing them.

Right now, region based sales teams have to compromise on privacy settings (allowing non-owners view access or leaving contacts unassigned), or require multiple users sharing a single HubSpot login.

31 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Composer: Copy not Move. Much better: Copy and Move!

The new Composer tool could be really great for managing post's workflow if, like me, you manage one or more HubSpot blogs for different clients.

Initially I told all my clients that they could find all the new blog posts under > In Progress. If they were approving the posts, they could move them in > Drafts. Bad idea!
                    Composer says MOVE but it doesn't move anything, it COPYS the posts. If you have 10 or more posts under > In Progress and the same under > Drafts or Scheduled confusion will reign in seconds... that's what happened for real…

34 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • allow multiple users to send from one account email

I would like to have functionality added to hubspot to allow for multiple users to be able to send an email from a specific account.

Right now there is functionality to have one person use the connected accounts feature but I would like to have more than one user have this option.

Please update this to allow for multiples to have the same connected accounts

79 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Update search logic for landing pages, lists, etc.

When I'm trying to search for a landing page, list or email that either my colleagues or myself have created I may not remember the exact title or format that they named it. I'd like to see an updated Search so that if I include keywords from the title, then that result will show up.

For example:
                        2017-Global-Automotive webinar
                        US2017- Automotive webinar
                        Spain_2017_Automotive webinar
                        France Webinar_2017_Automotive

I'd like to be able to type "2017 Automotive webinar" into the search and have all of these variations show up.

25 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Search Engine Optimization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add data-hs-form-name to generated <form> markup

Hey HubSpot team,

I do a heavy amount of Google Analytics tracking on HubSpot forms and there is one thing REALLY simple thing you could add to the form markup that would make tracking much easier and more accurate.

I use Google Tag Manager (GTM) to implement most of the Google Analytics event tracking on form submissions. This is easily done using Form Submission triggers inside GTM. However, the pain in the neck part of setting up the tracking is accurately labeling which form was submitted.

You can do this by using the data-form-id="" attribute that is output on the…

28 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Landing Pages & Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Filter for deals with no tasks

I keep finding deals with no tasks randomly, so currently there is no way to find the rest od task-less deals accurately, the next best way to find some of them is by filtering "last activity date" and its simply not accurate.

31 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Sequence API

We would like to enroll a contact to a sequence via HubSpot Sales API.

327 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                8 comments  ·  Integrations & APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Multiple domains per Company

There are many companies that use different email domains where the split is not meaningful outside of the company. It would be great to be able to list multiple email domains for one company. Currently our only options are to either to have duplicate companies with different domains, or merge them and lose the second domain so new contacts aren't being added. Thanks :)

26 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • have the ability to link forms to external pages

I need the ability to link a HubSpot form to an external page so that I can see dependencies even if not a HubSpot Landing Page.

56 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Landing Pages & Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Export Call log history records.

I would like to know if there is a chance to export the call Log history records to able to analyse deeply the performance of the business development representatives and reproduce KPIs that can help me understand the pitch rate %, The best time to call a specific buyer persona, How many companies and contacts were we able to connect with during the day. All of these things can be done of course with internal standard processes. I just need access to the data of the call log sheet

53 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Create safeguards to prevent overwriting contacts

Currently there are instances when a contact record can be overwritten due to cookie or email identity tracking. There are three main issues when this happens:

1. There is no way to know when this happens other than by chance.
                                      2. While it's possible to re-import overwritten contacts, historical data for new contacts does not transfer over.
                                      3. Historical data remains on overwritten record, causing issues with list segmentation, workflows etc.

There needs to be a way to prevent this from happening and undo the damage when it does happen.

One prevention method could be an option to alert contacts…

18 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Customized "Deal Cards" in Deals Dashboard

I'd like to be able to control which properties appear on the "card view" in the Deals Dashboard. Default is...
                                        Deal Name
                                        Amount
                                        Close Date
                                        Attached Contacts

I'd like to be able to select my own 4 attributes, so that the at-a-glance feature is more meaningful to me.

In addition I'd like to be able to color-code Deal Cards based on attributes. (i.e. [if deal amount > $5,000; then color = green])

126 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add print capability for the existing calendar under Productivity tab

Our marketing team has to provide a snapshot of all the emails, blogs and social we have posted in a month or scheduled out for the next month. We have all the data available in the productivity calendar, but no way to print. Taking a screen snapshot doesn't show all the items on one day if there are more than three. This request is to create a printable calendar showing all items listed for each day.

16 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 377 378
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base