General HubSpot Ideas

Share and vote on your ideas for the HubSpot product!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track Customers When They Close

It's not useful to track customers when at the first touch, which is the way it's done now. Tracking them when they close gives you a month to month snapshot of how you're doing in sales. Granted, there's a sales cycle that could be several months, but first touch doesn't help you understand how sales are progressing.

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      32 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Everyone, your comments around this suggestion are great! We are going to be doing some more user testing around this idea as we consider building it in to HubSpot. If any of you would like to contribute to that effort please reach out to me! -Nate nciruolo@hubspot.com

• If You Build It, We'll Stop Asking for Reports

Instead of HubSpot just developing more reports, develop a tool that allows users to build their own reports from any data in HubSpot.

Drilling down to specifics is good, but I also want to see the big picture of what's performing for various audiences, messages, and channels.

Report functions would include: filter by field, conditions, match any/all, timeframes, layout options, click/drag-n-drop (data from social, email, etc.), graph/chart/number/text settings (e.g., add static text such as labels), sort/re-order/show/don't show specific data, clone/save/email/export.

360 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        32 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This month we launched the Reporting Add-on, which includes customizable report dashboards, new report templates, and a custom report builder.

These features give you the ability to build reports on Contacts, Companies, Deals, and Engagements data. The custom report builder also gives you flexibility to segment data, view results from various timeframes, measure progress against a goal, and create customized conversion funnels for contacts and deals.

You can save your favorite reports to personalized dashboards where you can organize the metrics that are most important for you & your team.

• Edit / Rename Campaigns

I would like to be able to rename campaigns after they have been created. Would make it much easier to track old campaigns and set up a campaign naming convention.

333 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          34 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Tie HubSpot Campaigns into AdWords Campaigns

It would be great if HubSpot could recognize a campaign from AdWords and if the same campaign exists in HubSpot, use it and list at under the Paid Search Sources Report.

264 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Domain Specific Tracking within Sources

To better understand how our domains are performing we need the ability to filter the Sources Reporting by specific external domains. This functionality is currently available for internal domains, but not for external ones.

I need to be able to know how my Wordpress Blog, home page, and other external sites are converting traffic. What traffic is converting at the highest percentage for each domain separately.

i.e. Facebook traffic may be converting on the Blog better than Reddit traffic, but the data is the opposite for the Home Page and another external engagement site we have set up.

I have…

206 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              24 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the great ideas here. The functionality to filter by external domains and add secondary subdomains to the Sources dropdown is currently on our radar but I cannot communicate a time table at this point. Feel free to direct any questions to nciruolo@hubspot.com. Thanks!

• Provide API access to the Sources Report data

Although the information provided in the Sources Report is good, it would be much more valuable to us if we were able to draw this data into our BI tool so that we can analyse, visualise and drill down in a much more flexible and rapid fashion.
              This would also enable us to collate the HubSpot data with other data in our BI toolset - a far better solution to the current non-ideal export from the Sources Report (which does not give all the data anyway).
              I would absolutely love it if you would provide some way for us to…

189 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                16 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Edit Original Source Type

You need to allow us to EDIT the Lead Source field. This is a CRITICAL KPI for us! Examples of useless Lead Sources:
                - Offline Sources (we often know the source, let us change it upon upload)
                - When someone converts via private browsing we don't know the source
                - Direct Traffic, this is not helpful but we get a large number of these
                - Often we get a referral by word of mouth, they google our company name, we are at top of list so it shows as "Organic" in sources. The reality is it was a referral/word of…

154 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  20 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add Opportunities to Dashboard

Today, the dashboard shows Visit, Leads and Customers. We would love to be able to choose Opportunities. Thanks for your consideration!

154 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    pending  ·  11 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add multiple campaigns to a landing page/e-mail

We know that assigning direct attribution as a marketer is challenging, especially in a lead nurturing capacity. So, I find the limitations around the campaign functionality challenging to only be able to tag one campaign to an e-mail/landing page. With that, it would be helpful for us to be able to measure different e-mails/landing pages we are using tied to multiple campaigns to get a broader analytic overview.

113 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Automatically Block IP

Automatically blocked logged in users. Or prompt logged in users if their IP address isn't being blocked.

Also add a button near the IP filtering setting where users can easily click to block their IP.

101 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Show high-level keyword ranking progress

I would like to see a way that you can show your keyword ranking progress without having to click on each individual keyword. My thoughts are having a grid view similar to the current keyword screen, but have columns for each stating the following:

1) Current rank
                        2) 30 Days ago
                        3) 60 Days ago
                        4) 120 Days ago

This would allow for a quick overview to see which keywords are making progress, and which need more attention.

99 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          6 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Analytics: Conversion Rate by Device

Hi there

Is it possible to add a feature where I can see my landing page views and conversion rates by device (mobile/tablet/desktop)?

Thanks

89 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            14 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Ability to export all data from HubSpot

For example, the ability to export CTA performance results, pages without views, etc. It would help in the reporting process to be able to include all data through an Excel export, rather than having to manually remove all data.

84 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              8 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add filters to website reports to exclude bots on referral data

Needs to have ability to filter traffic coming from specific domains that are known spam bots. They're adding unnecessary (and inexistent) traffic numbers to the website data and totally ruining accuracy of website traffic reports.

74 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                7 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Enable document download tracking

I use the page redirect facility to link urls to documents, but Hubspot Analytics does not enable me to track the number of page views (and therefore the number of downloads).

I would like a toggle box added alongside the url redirect field allowing me to choose whether or not to track activity.

74 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  5 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Increase keyword limit in Keywords tool

Please please raise the limit for the keyword grader!

72 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    11 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Ability to report on conversion rate for lifecycle stages for a given time period

It would be good to be able to tell the conversion rate with reporting for a given time period from leads for instance to another lifecycle stage.

For instance, if you had 1000 new leads for a given month, and 50 of those leads became customers, the conversion rate would be 5% for leads to customers.

Formula: (Customer Number/Total Leads)*100

69 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      4 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Campaigns app to track all contact conversions not just new

Currently the Campaigns app only tracks new contacts converted on landing pages not all. So if you have a contact that already exists in HubSpot and they convert on one of your landing pages tagged in a campaign, it won't show up in the metrics for contacts.

68 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add Keywords Ranking Progress (Historical Data)

I would like to see a keyword historical ranking report that shows me from when I first started with Hubspot and the progress we are making in SEO. This will do a number of things. First, it will be evident of how your company is helping us rank for our keywords over time. Next, it will allow us to track the progress of our efforts. And finally it will allow us to show our team/business how Hubspot and my team's progress in ranking on the search engines.

We should be able to pick up to 10 keywords we want to…

67 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Custom Default Dashboard Views by User

It would be preferred if you were able to set a default dashboard view on a per user basis without having to create a 'Private' dashboard. Additionally, it would be nice to share certain dashboards with specific users. Currently today when you select a default view for a dashboard it applies this to all Hubspot users even if you create your own Dashboard that you want to grant access for the whole team to view but not necessarily make their default view.

67 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base