I suggest you ...

CRM - search by custom properties

The CRM search only returns results based on name, email, and phone number.

We need the ability to search (not filter) based on custom properties.

Use case: I am speaking with someone on LinkedIn and need to find them within the CRM. Her name and email do not give the correct results.

If I could search her by LinkedIn URL (custom property) I would always get the correct results because people have many email addresses but only one LinkedIn URL.

444 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoelJoel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

This is great feedback. Right now, search is limited to only a few properties like email address, name, domain, etc. The reason is to keep search fast and scalable.

We’ve discussed adding a feature to allow users to specify the property they want to search for. For example, we could potentially allow you type the following into your search box: Favorite Ice Cream: Vanilla.

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jo BrowmJo Browm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Is there any updates on this topic please? I aim to add lots of suppliers to hubspot and want to be able search by key word in description or type of supplier. will that be possible?
        thanks.

• Irit GillathIrit Gillath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this request, it will be nice to be able to create a list based on properties or even timeline events.
        For example, all the leads to which sales have NOT called yet.

• Beth SaundersBeth Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! It's also super annoying that the search function doesn't work when someone's name is hyphenated, only when you type in the first portion of their name.

• Dan KellyDan Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest missing feature of HubSpot and a must have. Functionality similar to 'Advanced Find' in Dynamics CRM would be a massive improvement to the system. Essentially, I should be able to ad hoc queries on the fly to use for quick analysis. If I want to quickly look at a subset of contacts and identify which ones a phone call was logged to it is impossible.

• Jonathan SiegleJonathan Siegle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add a comment here because this is a deal breaker function for us. Our business makes use of customer account numbers, thousands and thousands of account numbers. The inability to search Deal Properties really kills Hubspot's functionality for us.

Please, please, please add this feature as soon as possible.

• Irit GillathIrit Gillath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the need to make the search fast, so just add an 'advanced search' option similarly to what LinkedIn have, where you can filter by other (all) fields or combine fields

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this change - the types of businesses we work with are multi-tiered and so are the contacts. In order to maintain searchability we have to put ALL potential locations along with the names of the holding companies, and it is completely unwieldy.

• Gilbert GagnonGilbert Gagnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, this is a deal breaker! Need to be able to search in custom fields, but also the other default hubspot fields, right now its limited to the most basic fields as you already know.

At worst some kind of "yes/no checkbox" when on the fields configuration settings, so you can include or exclude ANY field you want from the search results.

Please add, thanks!

• Brooke FormanekBrooke Formanek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot needs this to happen! My sales people need the ability to search by customer location, product interest, or lead source (we visit trade shows and upload our contacts) unable to search for that group of leads once we have uploaded. VERY frustrating. Please make this happen!

• Jake ZJake Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critically important. We enter account numbers with the contacts and do not have the ability to search for the contact by the account number.

Also, searching the timeline for specific notes or emails would be a big improvement in functionality. Even just searching the timeline for the specific contact that you are viewing would be very beneficial.

• Sean WallaceSean Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to search by city, state, zip, maybe even something you typed in logged call or notes. This would save soooo much time!

• davedave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this would be great- we currently use a custom field for our quote numbers but when someone calls back and I ask what quote number they are referring to it is impossible to search, particularly if the person on the phone is not the one who requested the original quote

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! We use a custom field for all of our contact searches. An easy search function by any field would be a huge time saver!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, when we search and we get let's say hundreds of results in various fields (e.g. contacts, deals, etc) we should be able to view all the results in a tabulated form, at least from the same category e.g. deals, because sometimes deal names are the same. It is quite annoying to have to put contact's name on deal's name so we can find it through search...
        Also expand the search on Tasks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base