I suggest you ...

Add data-hs-form-name to generated <form> markup

Hey HubSpot team,

I do a heavy amount of Google Analytics tracking on HubSpot forms and there is one thing REALLY simple thing you could add to the form markup that would make tracking much easier and more accurate.

I use Google Tag Manager (GTM) to implement most of the Google Analytics event tracking on form submissions. This is easily done using Form Submission triggers inside GTM. However, the pain in the neck part of setting up the tracking is accurately labeling which form was submitted.

You can do this by using the data-form-id="" attribute that is output on the <form> tag right now - as that is a unique identifier that you could throw into HubSpot to see what form was submitted etc... However - what would be awesome is if you could output the "Human Readable" name of the form inside a separate data-attribute on the <form> tag. Doing this would allow for a dirt simple and highly scalable GTM implementation without the need to lookup form IDs inside HubSpot when trying to analyze lead reports inside GA.

What do you think? :D

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Derek CavalieroDerek Cavaliero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...