I suggest you ...

Custom User Access - roles and individuals

User Access Customization .

Would it be possible to create custom user access levels and titles?

So for example if you want to create a Custom Access Level you click create new user access. Name this new user access to what ever you want e.g. a role or individuals name.

Once the name is created, you drag your mouse to the drop down menus in the top menu (Content, Contacts etc). Beside each of the features in the drop down menu there is a box that can be ticked. To give the user access to that feature you simply check the box.

For example if you want the user to have access to Page Manager, email and sources only, it would be possible.

While the current access levels are great, having full customization would really prove very useful.

237 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Niall ShanahanNiall Shanahan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dani BuckleyDani Buckley shared a merged idea: More control over user views  ·   · 
    Rahul ZutshiRahul Zutshi shared a merged idea: User Roles: Create user roles and hierarchy  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to make my Sales people all 'Business Analysts', because on the Marketing side, they really don't need to have access to much.

When we go to a convention, I like to take all of the contacts that we met there and put them in a list so we can view all of those contacts at once, track the progress of those leads, see if the show was beneficial, etc. But my sales staff as 'Business Analyst's can't see Lists.

I'd really like to customize what each role can see/can't see to better suit our needs.

• Samuel TenhunenSamuel Tenhunen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think for us, just a role for community manager, or social manager would already help. We have several clients who have also asked for this.

I have been in few discussions with clients, and there has been a reoccuring improvement suggestion coming up for the software. Companies would like to give access to Social writing and publishing to some people, but not to other tools. So basically they would like to get a new user access level, which would be "social manager" and then that divided to write & publish, and Write rights levels.

• Alex TranAlex Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd really love the ability to restrict users so they can only edit emails, lists, forms, landing pages, workflows, etc. that they create. Right now the permissions give way too much access to a user.

• ChristineChristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Marketers have WAY too much access! They should not be able to edit the Design Manager. They should not be able to create new field properties. We are a global company and I have to always fix these issues.

• AlyssaAlyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please build this, or else create more in-depth user roles.

I would like to create a user access for someone to edit my Lists and Emails without having the full 'Marketer' access.

• William StewardWilliam Steward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Granular permissions are a vital piece of functionality for our enterprise customers. With security being of increasing concern in the enterprise, the existing roles and permissions are too broad. We should really be able to create custom user roles (which can then be overriden for individuals), which specifies what the user can do down to a granular level. This will also enable approvals to be more efficiently built into the system, so e.g. a user can just save social media updates but not schedule them; and that's the only thing they can login and do.

There are some significant existing flaws built into HubSpot from this perspective, which at enterprise scale can spook security teams.

• Andy DeoAndy Deo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One note of caution. Even if you limit roles to not able to edit, there are ways around it. For example, someone in sales role should not be able to edit forms but it is possible. All you have to do is click a contact interaction history where a form was submitted to get to the forms page, then edit to your heart content. This is a HUGE security flaw. I already notified Hubspot support. Haven't heard back on a solution yet.

• Laurel FarrellLaurel Farrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a desperate need! We're a franchise and I need to be able to give users (franchise owners) access to create and export lists without giving them access to ALL lists. I need to be able to give users access to view and edit leads without giving them access to ALL leads. I need to give users access to create and edit pages without giving them access to ALL pages. Unfortunately, I'm being asked to give competing products a try to see if we are able to provide our franchise owners access to some contacts and content without giving them access to everything.

We need to add a dev to our account that works only in the design manager and is also creating new site and landing pages. And doesn't need access to blog posts...

That's never been needed by anyone else before? Crazy.

It would be great if we could control the access to the CRM settings for Sales Users. Currently, users can access the properties and portal settings.

• Kristin JohnsonKristin Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the account administrator could modify user permissions and roles. I want marketers to approve their own campaigns, landing pages, emails, etc, but don't want them to access the SFDC integration or modify templates. This is a major fail not to have the ability to adjust.

• JacquelineJacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, I'd also like to have a role like "Marketer" without access to create /change templates or setting, so this would be the best way. Maybe it would be easier to have sth like a sitemap with checks for each account then have it in the menu, but the idea is great, thanks for that!

This is needed when you have users at different skill levels I dont want someone who creates emails being able to set up a Blog or create new feilds or change our time zone which has been happening

• Sebastian UlbertSebastian Ulbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really support this. Let's make the user roles more flexible.

I would also like to see that we are able to have more control over rights, especially when it has global impact for all other users. e.g. Adding new properties. It's a mess when everyone is able to create properties. Only admins should be able to do so. Right now the lowest role in Sales module is User. But everyone is allowed to Manage Properties and Create a New Property.
        I believe this a real mess and there should be a limitation for Users.

• David LawrenceDavid Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sales Manager role needs the ability to filter out Sales Reps that do not report to them. A Hierarchy/Tree structure is required so when a Sales Manager logs into their dashboard they only have visibility to their team.

Hi this is a great idea I have local users who I want to be able to see emails we are creating and even make minor edits but I dont want them loading in lists of contacts as we have a control for this. I would like to give Marketing access without access to contact upload or download Thanks
        Helen

• AdrianAdrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be awesome and beneficial! We have a lot of locations that would love to have access to use Hubspot, but giving them full privileges would be overwhelming.

• Dani BuckleyDani Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a more customized option for what users can see and do in HubSpot. While the different titles "Sales Rep" or "Blog Writer" are useful sometimes - I typically have found with our clients (we're a VAR) that something more customized would be much more useful. If we could actually just hand select what they can and can't do, simple on and off switches, that would be fantastic!

Because of the lack of being able to do that, many of my clients have not invited more users to use HubSpot because they lack that control.

• Rahul ZutshiRahul Zutshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can create multiple user roles and define hierarchy levels, it would be great benefit. Usually mid sized organizations have 4-5 level of hierarchy in sales. I am sure hubspot is working on it. Also, we should be able to define access to these roles.

• robert nicholsonrobert nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - with the removal of the content home you've actually made the Hubspot enterprise worse! And the access rights dont allow any control over marketers, please listen to your enterprise users!!!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base