I suggest you ...

Remove section seperators

There should be a way to remove the section separators in the new COS template system.

Between the header, body, footer there are huge gaps that (seemingly) can't be fixed. The new COS should allow for a consistent content background area (not just body color/image)

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa EllingtonLisa Ellington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

Thanks for your comments on this issue. At present, we are not planning to adjust the behavior of the section separators in the Template Builder, and are closing out this idea. That said, please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated, and so I hope some explanation can clear things up:

The section separators are designed for template organization and HTML hierarchy only, and their function is to wrap modules in unstyled CSS classes (such as .header-container and .header-container-wrapper). These classes do not inherently add spacing or gaps to a page template. Any spacing problems that you’re experiencing can be addressed via CSS styling, and may actually be related to module padding or margins set up in your stylesheet.

If you need modules to exist on a consistent background, for example, we’d encourage you to group them together and place them within the relevant section of your template, or use CSS to style the page body, rather than the section individually.

We’ll work on finding a way to better indicate this behavior in the future. If you feel that you’re still experiencing problems with this, regardless of your efforts to fix it, please reach out to our Support team who should be able to help you locate the CSS that is causing the spacing issues. Thanks again, and please keep the ideas and feedback coming!

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • daviddavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"These classes do not inherently add spacing or gaps to a page template. Any spacing problems that you’re experiencing can be addressed via CSS styling, and may actually be related to module padding or margins set up in your stylesheet."
        I also experience spacing issues from these, where do I find a way to remove that issue so this is actually only a CSS styling issue?

• Norm ClausenNorm Clausen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Huge problem. Get rid of these. Templates look very amateurish with the spacing as is.

• FrancesFrances commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to style these seperators or delete them. I don't know what to do with the huge space created by the seperator!

• Martin RothMartin Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The section separator should at least have option to change the color or make it transparent.

• Martin RothMartin Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The section separator should at least have option to change the color or make it transparent.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These really need to be deletable and or removable with code. Voted x3 for a fix

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lisa,

The separators have always been an issue for me. I don't mind them, just wish you had the option hide them. Or at least give them an ID so that they can be hidden via CSS.

Also I have no votes left this month, so will vote when they have returned

Feedback and Knowledge Base