I suggest you ...

Integrate with WeChat

HubSpot should look more to the integration with China based social networks,. Wechat, the mobile facebook of China is now reaching 600millions and aggressively going to the western countries.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nicola Colombo Nicola Colombo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Add support for Weibo and Weixin - With 600 million users between them (being conservative) that's a lot of potential Hubspot customers  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chase SkipperChase Skipper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not clear why HubSpot would close this idea when it clearly has traction with your customer base. We have sales staff who communicate with Asia-Pac customers solely through WeChat and transferring that activity manually to HubSpot is a real pain.

• Chris DavisChris Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just putting my vote towards implementing Weibo for the HubSpot Platform. The only thing we do that sits outside of HubSpot is Weibo, hopefully if there's enough requests we can have it included in future updates. As an Australian business China is a critical market for us.

• Veronique MalanVeronique Malan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking for a way to seamlessly transfer leads captured via WeChat into Hubspot. While our Wechat prospects don't use much emails, they do visit our web pages and we therefore want to give them the best personalized experience. Thanks!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are now in 2016! I would like to see WE Chat intergrated with Hubspot, so I can chat with all globally. When will this be available?.

• HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread since it's been growing steadily. Because of the breadth of the WeChat app and investment it would require, it's not something that we're able to put a lot of resources into currently. We know that this is a growing issue especially in the Chinese market (which is a pretty big one), and plan on revisiting this issue next year. Please continue to vote and describe how you'd like to integrate WeChat and HubSpot here because your feedback is incredibly helpful in shaping how we build things moving forward.

Best,
        Lars Osterberg

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come this topic is so dead???
        Are we the only users outside of the US with this requirement?

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any thoughts about when Hubspot might add Wechat? Most communication goes through this Wechat platform not email. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this as well. Does hubspot support multilingual content, especially Chinese characters

• Gareth JonesGareth Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As David says, people in China don't really use email like we do, therefore the entire concept of workflows with email as the communication tool doesn't work very well in China.

Wechat is way more than a just a social tool in China now and how people subscribe to information (like blog subscriptions), shop online, pay bills, transfer money. We don't want to be late to the WeChat party by not supporting any integration at all.

• David GundersonDavid Gunderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our prospective clients in China don't use email. Email is how they get their water bill. They are exclusively mobile with WeChat, QQ, etc because its easier to get through the government filters.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for Weixin and Weibo, two of the largest Chinese social media sites, Hubspot users could publish content directly to their Chinese social media pages and engage with audiences there.

Feedback and Knowledge Base