I suggest you ...

Add ability to format RSS content in email

Every RSS feed provides similar types of content in similar tags (<item>, <link>, <creator>, etc.). The RSS email is already providing some baseline formatting for these items (titles look different than body text, for example). Adding the ability to style these types of content would be ideal, probably with a custom RSS module that could be setup in the email template. I know I can force styles through the stylesheet, but it seems kind of silly to have to do so.

567 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben MartinBen Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    EugenioEugenio shared a merged idea: Customize Email Design (RSS Email Type)  ·   · 

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shari MonesShari Mones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad this is available. But we could use the option to style placement of photos as well (left justified, right, etc.) not just centered. Possible?

Also, the styles added to the RSS in email don't seem to be (consistently) overwriting the styles that may have been applied in the original blog. (ie, bold text is appearing bold not regular text).

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can style the RSS feed output by building an HTML template and using the hs-inline-style tag: http://designers.hubspot.com/docs/cos/email-template-markup#hs-inline-css

You would then apply styles to the rss feed's classes that it outputs. Ex: .hs-rss-title or .hs-rss-featured-image

What this doesn't allow for however, is the ability to re-order / re-structure the way the data is output (much like you could do with a hubl blog post query then referencing the content variable).

• Quantum DynamixQuantum Dynamix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any reply from Hubspot here? We too had a client leave Campaign Monitor to take advantage of the tools in Hubspot, but control over RSS to Email is terrible, especially regarding the fact that images from external feeds aren't included. What gives Hubspot?!

• George DicksonGeorge Dickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this. 3 Votes.

The RSS feed emails look pretty rough at best. It would be so nice to be able to make those emails brand-consistent, like any other email created in the email builder.

It looks like people have been asking for this for over 2 years now. Kind of disappointing to see that.

• Mike CostanzoMike Costanzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ben mentioned the ability to "Force styles through the stylesheet," but because the various element are not marked up with unique classes or id's, I cannot apply the styles I need to. (Titles, for example, are simply marked up as links, and get styled along with all other links.)

3 votes here.

• Tim RTim R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2016 update - we still need this option. Hubspot is behind the competition on this one. Please update so we can style the tags.

• Arjun ManiyarArjun Maniyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to bump this necessary update. An individualized, user-friendly styling option for RSS email module(s), similar to how HubSpot designs their ordinary emails, would be very helpful in designing a branded look and would be instrumental enabling our clients to deliver a powerful message in a timely fashion. Currently there are no such options and it makes our team sad...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base